Minutes of Meetings

 

 

 

 

In order to keep club members and players updated throughout the season, the Chairman has suggested that ‘any relevant information’ should be posted as bullet points…..

Management Meeting held on 10th December 2020 (via Zoom)

  • Following the amalgamation of the Cherwell and the OCA there are now 176 teams. Subscription fees have been set at only £1.00 per club for 2021.
  • The season starts on the 8th May and finishes on the 4th September 2021.
  • The 1st XI play in Division 4B, the 2nd’s 6A and the 3rds 8B.
  • The Women will play in the Home Counties Women’s League in 2021.
  • The 1st XI captain, Tom Nash is preparing a document on the Selection policy, for agreement with other captains and players.
  • The Beer Festival will take place (Covid permitting) on the 26th June 2021.
  • There is a plan to make better use of Social Media – a strategy is being worked out.
  • Club in need of a caretaker/cleaner – adverts to be put on Charlbury Town website.
  • The refurbishment of the clubhouse bar is going ahead, but all other projects have been put on hold, due to a loan having been repaid.
  • Cornbury Estates are providing a new noticeboard for the roadside and a new sign will be provided for the entrance to the club car park.

Cricket Committee Meeting held on 20th January 2021 (Via Zoom)

  • Sunday Cup Competitions – Only the 3rd team will play in these.
  • As a better alternative to Adult training, there is a possibility of entering a 20-20 midweek league.
  • Subject to Covid-19 restrictions, the pre-season will start on the 24/25 April with interclub games and then invite two teams to play frindlies the following weekend.
  • There will be a number of Sunday fixtures, May 23, June 13 & 20, July 11 & 19 and possibly another fixture TBC.
  • The Selection Committee will meet by Zoom on a Sunday evening. A Google form will be available for players to express availability.
  • Youth induction night will be on Friday 23rd April with Tom Eaton (Youth Chairman) orgainising and advising the programme going forward.

Managemnt Meeting held on the 28th January 2021 (via Zoom)

  • Club in the strongest financial position for this time of the year, and looking to complete the clubhouse refurbishment and disabled path access by April.
  • The old pavilion roof is leaking in a number of places and a temporary soloution is being investigated.
  • The revised constitution is in the final stages and will be added to the website in the next few weeks.
  • A number of urgent pre-season maintenance jobs to be done and members/players will be required to assist with this work, please give as much help as you are able.
  • Membership fees cannot yet be finalised as we are uncertain if a full season of cricket will be possible in 2021?
  • Good response to 2021 umpiring and nearly all the league games are covered. A number of mid-week and Sunday games already arranged.
  • A number of changes in Welfare and H & S for 2021, these will be updated on the website as they happen. A sanatising station will be made available at the club for all to use and a First-Aid course will hopefully be held.
  • The ground is extremely wet due to recent flooding and work on the grounds is expected to start in mid-March, subject to weather conditions.
  • Good response to the cleaner/bar staff vacancy – decision to be taken later.
  • Due to the ‘unlawful’ use of the ground by youths, notices to be displayed to deter them from entering the ground – also police patrols in place.

Managemnt Meeting held on the 25th February 2021 (via Zoom)

  • Finance – Accounts are split into two catagories, Main account and Projects account, with a combined balance of £16k.
  • Projects currently taking place, clubhouse refurbishment, disabled access, repairs to pavilion steps and temporary repairs to the ‘old pavilion’ roof. The club is very grateful to Andy Glass Windows for the provision of replacement slats for the sightscreens.
  • Work parties will be sought to provide labour to repaint the clubhouse corridors and the ladied and gents toilets. And also 4 ‘strong’ persons to assist with the repairs to the ‘saftey nets’ poles and wires. (6/7th March)
  • Looking into the purchase of an ‘extra long’ mobile net for use on the artificial pitch.
  • An EGM to be called on the 19th March (via Zoom) to agree on: 2021 Membership Fees, The selection policy and the ‘revised’ club constitution.
  • There is a need for more volunteer qualified coaches which is being actively investigated. Courses are available to any who are interested. There is also a course called ‘Young Cricket Leaders’ aimed at the 14-16 years olds.
  • The club is now on the Safehands Management System and the current Welfare Officer role has now been re-named as Safeguarding Officer.
  • Misuse of the grounds is still taking place, although no further complaints from the neighbours and NO action by the police. The club is actively looking into the possibility of installing CCTV.
  • The current Covid19 guidelines mean that there will be ‘table service’ to at least the end of June, possibly needing more bar staff. And the rule of 6 only outside will apply, and face coverings will be mandatory.
  • There is already a fairly full fixture list for games taking place at Charlbury,  all these can be viewed by looking on the website under Facilities and Bookings, and clicking on Ground/Pitch bookings.
  • The committee are currently looking into arranging a First Aid Course(s) and reviewing the Fundraising programme, also to include a Diversity and Inclusion policy within the club.

Cricket Committee Meeting – 8th March 2021 – via Zoom

  • Met to agree the text on the Club Selection policy, which will be presented to memebsr at the Special General Meeting on the 19th March.
  • Also discussed the start-up of cricket and the pre-season games, all of which are listed on the ground booking calendar.

Management Committee Meeting held on  25th March 2021 (Via Zoom)

  • The club is in a good financial position, following a very generous gift to the club for  replacement nets. Confirmation letter of the gift requested.
  • Club will continue to use accountants Thorne Lancaster Parker, who offer a very competitive rate. 
  • Treasurer suggested that there should be 4 authorised signatories to the bank account.
  • Fundraising – Need for someone to take on responsibility for sourcing/applying for grants and to have a separate committee to the Grants Committee.
  • Planning application has been submitted for repairs to the Old Pavilion and there is a requirement for 6 persons to assist with getting the roof tarpaulin in place.
  • A new, 10.62  metre mobile net was delivered to the club last week and assembled on site by Durrant Cricket Ltd.
  • There will be a meeting with Total Play on Monday 29th March to discuss the new nets facility at the top of the small ground, for which planning permission will be required.
  • Outdoor coaching will start on the 23rd April. Under 11’s on Mondays, Under 13’s on Tuesdays and the women will train on Wednesdays. The main pitch will be cut on Fridays and the second pitch on Thursdays.
  • Ben Sinton now has a licence to sell alcohol from the club bar and an app-based system for ordering drinks will be installed, as it will be table service only from the 17th May.  A club cleaner has been appointed for the season.
  • A Diversity and Inclusion policy was discussed and approved.  The ‘net policy’ will need to be reviewed with reference to the mobile net facility.
  • Cottsway Housing Association will be holding their ‘staff day’ at the club on the 23rd September – a contract and deposit invoice has been issued.
  • The Beer Festival will now take place on the 4th September instead of June.
  • Cricket Force weekend will take place on the 10th and 11th April for which volunteers are needed – message to be put on the club WhatsApp.
  • Date of the next meeting confirmed for the 29th April at 7.30pm  (Via Zoom)